Friday, August 15, 2008

Independence day and my memories related ..

"Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we will redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance.... We end today a period of ill fortune, and India discovers herself again."
- Jawaharlal Nehru (Speech on Indian Independence Day, 1947)


The Independence Day of any country is a moment of . On this special occasion, we pay our tributes are paid to the freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives and fought to free their motherland from the clutches - British.

We Indians will be cribing all the time about smething or other ... saying our India will never improve n vl remain same; but when its August n January time, vl all be become patriotic (saying this I didn't mean to say we are not patriotic what i meant was we vl become more patritioc...) Patriotic movies will be released this time of the year..All the channels will be playing patriotic songs..and movies.
I have a some wonderful memories of my Grandma and Grandpa's associated with Independence day. My grandpa is a freedom fighter. He had been to jail during the Quit India freedom movement.


Everyone says that he was a very disciplined man.. he was actually a doctor by profession..he used to go in bicycle and treat the ppl in the surrounding villages itseems. My grandppa had got wonderful photos of the Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore and many more snaps of freedom fighters. Sometime i vl plan to take the photo out of the old frame and scan it and upload here. On Independence day, my grandma used to do pooja to Gandhi and Nehru photo and used to make sweet and hoist a small flag in our garden . These are some wonderful memories of my life..I really admire him and we all miss him a lot..I wish my Grandppa was there to read this.. :(
Freedom means so much to all individuals. I am very thankful to all our freedom fighters who fought for our independence. We should be glad to be born in country like India. I wish all of you a happy Independence day!!Make use of your freedom to improve the country one way or the other.
Jai Hind~$insi

1 comment:

  1. Great Sinsi,

    You are in such a blessed family.
    My Salute to your Grand father

    ReplyDelete