Monday, April 19, 2010

Shopping for my birthday dress!!

I had gone shopping over the weekend to find a perfect dress for my birthday. To find the right one, the absolutely best fit, is like finding a needle in the haystack. I started with 'W' and BIBA but they absolutely didn’t had anything.

And then the treasure hunt began. Went through all the brands on the list. I didn’t have any specific type in mind. Well frankly there were a few criteria, like the color, the pattern, the fit, and obviously they have to have to look good. But everyone has these priorities, right? Well if they don’t they should.

I tried like a 10 dresses, took a few energy boosters. Later, we went to another street where we get the best salwars. And finally, ended up in Taruni. I decided that this is going to be last stop and I’m not going to check anywhere else; and visited a shop. I tried a few dresses but nothing matched the dress what I had in my imagination.


Later I told my sister that, it’s ok; I will not take any salwar and will wear that new top with jeans on my bday. After trying few dresses i just didn't wanted to stay there; I just came out of the shop. After coming out of the stores, I just stood infront of the shop and checked the materials on the idols.

I just love the one which was pinkish lavender color. My sisters said don’t rush and buy something which u don’t like. I just stood there a thought for a while. Told her that I liked that pink one if he can get it stitched it in a day I will buy and asked the sales person to show that material which was on that idol. . I just loved that material and felt the perfect one for my bday; bought that and gave it for stitching.


The real pain was in going there on Monday and collecting the dress as my bday was on Tuesday and I wanted that at any cost. Monday was real hectic day in office so; I had to forget of going about collecting that dress and wearing it on my b’day. I spoke to my friend and we discussed all the possible ways of going and collecting. After long hours of discussion, decided to go by auto and collect the dress.

All through the way, I was tensed how it might have come; as I was getting it stitched from that tailor for the first time. Finally, reached the destination at 9.00 P.M and tried out the dress. It was just tooo perfect and I loved it!!!

Finally i got it. One of the best dress i ever owned.


 Love,
 $insi

No comments:

Post a Comment