Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Celestial Moon

After having a hectic day @ office, I was heading back to board the cab with lot of confusions in my mind. After signing out, me and my friend saw a pretty smiling face, which we don’t get to see very day. I’m not saying about any handsome guy but about the moon.
The smiley moon!!!

Every once in a while, something will appear in the night sky that will attract the attention of even those who normally don't bother looking up. Yeah, The Celestial moon which I got to know later got everyone’s attention. :)

Every radio channel was talking about the Smiley moon saying what you feel looking at the moon!!! Do you see someone face?? And later the Nehru Planetarium flashed news saying “this event would next occur in the year 2012”.

Celestial Smile was caused by the brightest planet in the sky, Venus, had a close encounter with the second brightest planet, Jupiter, as viewed from Earth. Joining in on the tight Venus-Jupiter formation was the gibbous moon. It’s like all big shot have come together. Venus – The brightest, Jupiter – The largest and Moon- The earth’s only natural satellite.

When I reached home I went and told my bro about this. He went out to watch that but turned to unlucky as it was covered by clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment